Election season is now officially underway. We are sure to see lots of negative ads in the coming weeks. And to that we say… Can’t We All Just Get Along? We love this shirt. It’s Good Juju.
Looking for a great movie to watch tonight? Following are 12 recommended movies, all of which have important life lessons to teach.
- Bruce Almighty
- The Peaceful Warrior
- The Family Man
- Forrest Gump
- The Secret
- The Bucket List
- Space Jam
- The Lion King
- Pay it Forward
- The Pursuit of Happyness
- Yes Man!
Recommended movies are compliments of Personal Excellence. Click on their link to read more about the films and watch trailers.
Music has the power to make one feel good and create Good Juju. Our friends at www.personalexcellence.com posted some of their favorite songs that are all about feeling good and looking at life in a positive light. The following is a playlist for you to download on your iPod. Listen to it when you’re feeling down, or need a reminder about how great life can be.
- Somewhere over the rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole – This song is an all-time classic. The song speaks to this magical place over the rainbow where things will be better. It refers to this other, better place, compared to where we are now. If you feel down and out, and when things seem tough, this song will lift you up. Just remember that the better place isn’t “somewhere out there”, but here where we are. It’s up to us to make the best of what we have.
- It’s a Beautiful Day, U2 – No matter how bad your day may be, there is always something beautiful happening. This song reminds us that every day is beautiful by itself.
- What a Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong – One of the greatest hits of all time. This beautiful song reminds us to appreciate the beauty of everyday life. It is a hopeful, optimistic song in regard to the future, with reference to babies being born into the world and having so much to look forward to. Everything in life is a miracle. Let’s appreciate and give gratitude to all these things we have with us today.
- You Get What You Give, New Radicals – This song is about being true to yourself in a world where everyone tries to be someone that he/she isn’t. Don’t ever give up on yourself or your dreams because you have what it takes to achieve what you want.
- Return to Innocence, Enigma – An extremely powerful song that invokes powerful emotions. This song reminds you to be yourself. Don’t be afraid to show your emotions – whether it’s perceived as being weak, strong, emotional, unacceptable, etc. Denying them is just denying who you are. While others may see revealing your emotions as an act of vulnerability, it’s only by embracing your emotions that you move a step forward toward being who you truly are.
- Circle of Life, Elton John – This song is from the Lion King. It tells us the grandiosity of life and where we stand in it. We’re all part of the circle of life – birth, growth, death, rebirth. Death does not signify the end – it’s the start of something new, something greater and bigger than what we’ve seen.
- You Raise Me Up, Josh Groban – This is a touching piece that gives tribute to the people who raise us up to become more that who we can be.
- When You Believe, Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston – This is an amazing song about the power of hope and faith in this world. If there are every any times when you are losing hope, hang in there. The miracles you want to create in life comes from first believing in yourself (and others).
- I Believe I Can Fly, R Kelly – This song is about how there are no goals and dreams we can’t achieve. If we can see it, we can do it. It all starts in first believing in our ability.
- My Wish, Rascal Flatt – This song is about appreciating your life and making your dreams come true. It’s about being grateful for family, friends and all of those who love you.
- Heal the World, Michael Jackson – This is one of Michael Jackson’s most popular songs. It reminds us of our responsibility to care for our world. Every day, there are people suffering and dying out there. Just because we are not in contact with them doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s up to us to care for the world we live in.
- Win, Brian McKnight – This song is about overcoming obstacles all obstacles and never giving up in life. As long as keep pushing, keep persisting we’ll definitely achieve whatever we set out to achieve.
- Music of My Heart, N Sync and Gloria Estefan – This is a beautiful song that expresses the gratitude to the people who have always been there for us whenever we need them. These people are the ones who made us who and what we are today; who taught us the amzing things in the word and made us bigger that we thought we could. It’s because of them that we can be where we are today. Without them, there can’t be us today.
- Dare You To Move, Switchfoot – This song has different interpretations. It can refer to the part of you who is not doing anything about certain parts of your life. It can refer to the part of you who is in a state of stagnancy. It can refer to the you who is letting past failure stop you from moving on. Stop looking back and move forward.
- That’s What Friends Are For, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight and Elton John – This is an all-time classic that is about the beauty of friendship and how we can always count on each other no matter what happens, good times or bad times. That’s after all, what friends are for.
Here are some tips on developing a personality full of Good Juju and one that others cannot resist!
1. Get in touch with your true self. Understand your strengths and weaknesses and strive to maximize your full potential as a person. Reflect about who you are and be willing to change yourself for the better to help you achieve your goals.
2. Be an emphatic listener. Everyone has their share of triumphs and challenges in life and most people are attracted to someone who listens to them talk. The easiest way to gain other people’s confidence is to hear them out and sympathize with what they are going through. Use positive feedback and maintain eye contact while being in their company.
3. Smile and laugh a lot. There is no better feeling than to see someone else smile and hear their hearty laugh. Especially on a really tough day. It’s a proven fact that does of smile and laughter in a day inspire us, improve health and benefit both the giver and the receiver. If you are a smiling person, you project a happy disposition and people are naturally attracted to you.
4. Always be glad and ready to lend a helping hand. A person’s actions mirror the contents of his heart. Find opportunities to help others If you help somebody, no matter how small lit is, it brings about good feelings and paves the way for the receiver to like and respect you in return.
5. Be profuse with giving genuine compliments to others. Our tongue has the power to heal or destroy and curse or bless someone. A person who has an attractive, positive personality always has something nice and pleasant to say to others. Every human being is dying to hear good things about himself and the person who makes him feel good and appreciated is likely the person he loves to be in company with..
Calling all people who have Good Juju, want Good Juju, or know someone who needs Good Juju. Help us spread the word about our exciting brand. Please visit our facebook page and become our friend. In exchange for “friending” us, you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win Good Juju. Every month we’ll give away a $50 gift card that can be redeemed online. Simply visit www.facebook.com/goodjujucompany. And, while you’re on our page, feel free to post on our wall.
One of our fellow bloggers had this to say about being happy and creating Good Juju in your life. Definitely some great words of advice for all of us. Enjoy.
15 Powerful Things Happy People Do Differently.
We are really excited because we have new Good Juju to share. Below are some of our latest styles. We think you’ll love them. Remember, when you wear Good Juju, let it serve as a reminder to yourself and others to stay positive. When you smile, the world smiles with you. We’re all about being happy.